My final for Digital Methods was open-ended…
Our final for Illustration was to create concept art for an original video game. Mine is called Runner’s High and is a racing game that features fun characters with strong personalities, vehicles for boosts of speed and items to attack others with. In class we discussed the background being a visualizer for music the player could load into the game – a thought that had crossed my mind during development.
My final for intermodulations expanded on my amplitude visualizer by including video. The user was able to alter the speed of the pre-loaded video or upload their own to play with. The video’s audio could be muted to allow for an external source to control the visualizer. Viewers could also change effects on the video by playing with the frequency, hue and displacement amount of color bars and by choosing from a drop down menu.
This was from our “emotion” assignment. I had to portray love.
Our last project before starting our final was to make a figure stand up from out of a seated position.
Our latest assignment was to create labels for a drink. I chose milk and made my brand called “Little Cow.”
We have now gotten into MSP in addition to Max and for my last project I created a visualizer. The forms are made based on changes in amplitude; the louder the sound, the larger the shape.
For the last two weeks our class has been working on a storybook page illustration and inside paper. I did mine on Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The scene depicted is the climax in which the police come and spray soma and sanitizer in order to calm an unruly crowd.
We were recently given an assignment in my Digital Methods class in which we had to utilize After Effects to create a flat 10 second animation using basic shapes. At the last minute, my project fell through so this is what I ended up with!